Warm Green Bean and Potato Salad
Warm Green Beans and Potato Salad
Such a great side, easy and fun to make. You can also serve it as a main on vegetarian dinners, adding some bread perhaps.
Mamma Flora’s Tip: To keep the bright green colour of the green beans, don’t overcook them (max 5-6min), drain them and place them in a bowl over ice otherwise you can place the green beans under cold running water until the steam goes away.
250gr green beans
50gr of crunched nuts
2 medium sized potatos
3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 clove of garlic
salt and pepper
- Fill two medium sized pots with water and place them on high heat
- In the meantime cut the ends of the green beans
- When the water is boiling place the potatoes not yet peeled in one pot and the green beans in the other, make sure they are covered with the water
- Let the green beans cook for max 6-7min
- Let the potatoes cook for 25-30min
- Make sure that the green beans are still crunchy once ready to drain. Drain them and place them under running cold water to block the cooking process still going on
- Check with a knife if the potatoes are ready, if you can smoothly go through with it then they are ready to be drained
- In a pan pour 3 tablespoons of olive oil with the clove of garlic and the dry chilli, gently fry. When the soffritto is ready (when you smell the garlic), add the nuts and let them gently brown.
- Once the potatoes are cooled, peel them and cut in chunks. Place them in a bowl with the green beans
- Pour the warm soffritto on the veggies and toss everything. Nice and comforting!