This is a very typical Italian family dish when the aubergines are in season, perfectly accompanied by a mozzarella salad starter. Enjoyed both by children and adults because of its fragrant smell and unique taste. Prepare it for your family for a Sunday meal: I know they'll love it too!
- 400g MAMMA FLORA Mezzi Paccheri
- 300 gr of cherry tomatoes or 2 jars of MAMMA FLORA handmade tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 aubergine
- 1 1/2 cup of frying oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Pot
- 2 Pans
- Kitchen paper
- Let’s begin by washing the aubergines and drying them. Cut off the tops and bottoms and quarter the eggplant, trim off the seedy centre and dice the eggplant
- Pour the frying oil in a big pan on medium-high heat and wait for it to reach the right temperature. To understand when ready, insert a small piece of aubergine in the oil and if there are bubbles forming around it then you are ready to fry! Getting the right temperature is very important as it prevents the vegetables from absorbing the oil
- Add some aubergines in the pan, not too many, if the pan is not big enough for all, then repeat the process multiple times until all aubergines are fried. Fry until golden brown, it should take around 5-7min per time
- Prepare a plate with kitchen paper to arrange the aubergines once ready and to absorb the extra oil
- In the meantime set a pot filled with water on the stove, and bring to boil, salt the water once the water is boiling and cook the MAMMA FLORA Mezzi paccheri for the time provided on the pack or till al dente.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in halves. In a pan add pour the extra virgin olive oil with a garlic clove and gently heat, once the oil is warm then add the cherry tomatoes, add salt as per taste and cover for 7min until the tomatoes are slightly cooked. If you are using MAMMA FLORA tomato sauce you can skip this step.
- Once all the aubergines are fried, add them in the pan with the cherry tomatoes and stir together for a couple of minutes, add some basil leaves. Or otherwise add the MAMMA FLORA tomato sauce and stir.
- Once the pasta is ready, drain it and add it to the aubergine sauce. Finish the cooking for another couple of minutes to let the pasta absorb all the sauce.
- Add some parmesan and enjoy.