Prawn and courgette spaghetti
This is a premium version of the courgette spaghetti. Adding prawns and wine bring more layers of taste to the dish.
Mamma Flora’s Tip: The secret of a perfect pasta dish is to cook the pasta in the sauce for the last 3-4min of its cooking time. The starch of the pasta will mix with the sauce making it very creamy and juice without adding any dairy.
- 400g spaghetti
- 2 courgettes
- 150g small shelled prawns
- ½ glass of wine
- 2-3 cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tsbp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pan
- 1 pot
- Boil enough water for the pasta
- Cut the courgette in small pieces, preferably half moon
- Place a pan with 2 tbsp oil and the garlic on medium heat and as soon as it is warm place the prawns in the pan and cover with a lid
- Once they are half cooked (1-2min max) pour the wine and switch to high heat to let the alcohol evaporate
- Once the prawns are cooked, place them in a dish aside. We will use them later
- In the same pan, add 1 tbsp oil and as soon as it’s warm, place the courgettes. Salt and cover with a lid and cook until soft (7-8min). If you see that they are too dry and they could burn, add 1/2 glass of water in the pan and continue cooking. The result should be juicy
- In the meantime, as soon as the water is boiling, salt it and place the pasta. Cook 3-4min less the cooking time
- Couple of min before the courgettes are ready, add the tomatoes cut in halves and the prawns cooked previously. Stir together.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce, cook the last minutes together with the sauce stirring often and making sure it doesn’t dry
- Add some pepper and serve hot