Succulent aubergine rolls with mini mozzarella and ham
Cooking: 20 min
Its a very easy recipe, and it can be also served cold, so it can be prepared in advance too. The mozzarella gives the dish a fresh flavour.
- 10 mini mozzarella
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 200g Prosciutto Cotto
- 1 Aubergine
- Extra Vergin Olive Oil
- 1 grid grill pan
- 1 plate
- To prepare the aubergine rolls, first, wash and dry the aubergine, then cut along the longest side in thin slices. If you wish, you can dab the aubergine slices with some absorbent paper to remove excess vegetation liquid.
- Place the aubergine slices on a hot grid grill pan and cook at a low medium heat for 10 minutes. Depending on the freshness of the aubergines the cooking time will vary. The secret is to not let them burn and to take them away once they are soft and begin to colour a little brown.
- Once the aubergines have been cooked, place them on some absorbent paper or a plate to let them cool.
- Once cooled, you can assemble the rolls: place a slice of aubergine, on the cutting board, add a slice of cooked ham and mini mozzarella, then roll each slice of aubergine; continue until you finish the ingredients.
- Add a leaf of basil and a 1/2 cherry tomato as per the picture to the aubergine with a toothpick.
Your eggplant rolls are ready to be served!