Some of you have asked me for more salad recipes so here you go: Fennel and Grapefruit salad! This is a really easy but tasty traditional Italian salad. Very fresh and citrusy, and with fennels, so much in season right now. I hope you enjoy it.
Mamma Flora’s Tip: If you don’t prefer the bitterness of the grapefruit, use instead blood oranges. Try to add some balsamico vinegar for extra richness.
- 2 fennels
- 1 Pink grapefruit
- A handful of black olives
- A handful of walnuts
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Slice the fennel in thin slices
- Peel the grapefruit and cut a half in small cubes, slice the rest for decoration
- Add the olives and the walnuts and dress with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper
- Mix together and enjoy!