Spaghetti with fried zucchini, parmesan and basil leaves is a dish that originates in a small city on the Amalfi Coast, called Nerano. The “pasta alla nerano” is made with “provolone del monaco” (local cheese). We have created this delicious lemony variation keeping in mind our tradition.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 500 gr of Mamma Flora Spaghetti Pasta
- 4 zucchini
- 1 garlic clove
- 1oo gr of Parmesan Cheese
- 1 unwaxed lemon
- Basil Leaves
- 3 spoons of Extra-Virgin Oil
- 1 Pot
- 1 Pan
- 1 Cutting board
- 1 Bowl
- Wash carefully the zucchini. Peel 4-5 stripes of one courgette vertically (like in the photo). Put the stripes into a bowl to marinate with a little bit of oil, salt, pepper and lemon zest.
- Cut the rest of courgette in round pieces with a thickness of around 1cm (0,40 inches).
- In a pan, add 2 spoons of olive oil with a clove of garlic on medium fire, when sizzling add the zucchini already cut and cook until browning
- Place the water into a pot until boiling, when boiling add the pasta and salt.
- Save some cooking water in a cup. 3-4 mins before the cooking time is over, drain the pasta directly in the pan with the zucchini, add some cooking water to finish the cooking on medium-high fire.
- Cook until al dente, if necessary add more water.
- Once cooked add grated Parmesan, lots of basil leaves, some extra oil, a pinch of pepper and lemon zest. Stir everything together.
- Place it in a plate with the previously marinated zucchini and enjoy with your friends and family.