"Easy Peasy" Peas with Spring Onion and Bacon
This is the perfect side as it's very quick to make and everyone of the family loves it. The bacon adds a little cheekiness to it but if you are vegetarian try without it, tasty as well.
Mamma Flora’s Tip: If you find the pancetta (Italian bacon) even better as it’s more spicy, otherwise the streaky bacon you find at the supermarket is fine as well.
500gr frozen peas
3 spring onions
100gr bacon or pancetta
3 table spoons extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the spring onions and the bacon in small pieces
- Pour the olive oil in a medium size pot and add the onions and the pancetta you have already cut
- Gently fry, when you start smelling the fragrance of the onions and the pancetta, add the frozen peas. Stir it and add salt as per your taste
- Cover and cook for 40-45 min. Make sure they don’t burn, so in case add half a glass of water. If needed you can add even more.
- Stir it from time to time. So simple, so tasty ready to be the perfect pairing for your main!