Finding yourself in the need of a simple Italian home cook dish? Try this exquisite recipe which I can assure you that will make all the difference in your day. I usually have it on a gloomy rainy day, because the vibrant colours are the first thing which put me at ease and warm my heart; making me feel like I was back home. In just a few words this pasta dish is a perfect way to place a smile on your lips!
- 200g MAMMA FLORA Eliche Pasta
- 6 romano peppers
- 3 Spring onions
- Hazelnuts (optional)
- 1 Pot
- 1 Pan
- Backing Tray or Oven Plate
- Wash carefully the 6 Romano peppers however ensure that they do not stay too long in contact with the water or the skin may break. Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
- Once the oven is hot, on a baking tray place the whole peppers and let them cook for 40 minutes.
- Now, set the pot filled with water on the stove, and bring to boil, salt the water once the water is boiling and cook the MAMMA FLORA Eliche pasta for the time provided on the pack or till al dente.
- Check the peppers by pocking a fork to its inside, and when the fork shows signs of moisture they are ready. Then, turn off the heat and let them cool down to touch.
- Keep an eye out for the pasta which should be about ready to be rinsed. Once 'al dente', rinse.
- Presently, when the peppers have cooled down, you can peel them. The trick is to begin from the top of the pepper where there is the stem and pull the skill downwards. You can wet your hands with water to make it easier to peel the skin.
- Chop the peppers in thin slices of any size and then, place them in the blender with the salt and pepper and olive oil and blend till smooth.
- Finally, in a pan add one tablespoon of olive oil and then gently fry 3 spring onions. Afterwards, add the spring onions to the blender with the rest of the mixture and blend everything.
- Finish the cooking in the pan with the pasta, and it's ready to eat.
- When serving add on top a few hazelnuts, and parsley for decorations and a little more of flavouring...
- Small Tip: Add a few hazelnuts in the blender if you want to add some more flavouring.